Implants are essentially screwed into the bone in a similar fashion that a screw is placed into a piece of wood. There is a science as to where the implant should go, as it has to be done in a way that offers the bone the ability to grow around to support the implant.
The procedure itself is a relatively painless procedure. Dental implants are done at the office with a local anesthetic. The implant is placed and is then given time to heal. The bone that surrounds the implant needs to integrate with the implant to lock it into place. The implant cannot become load-bearing or have a chewing surface placed on top until it has fully healed. However, there are some implant situations--especially in the front of the mouth--in which a temporary crown can be placed on the implant immediately for cosmetic purposes.
Dental implants are also used in order for Dr. Ingber to offer cosmetic implant-supported dentures. These dentures utilize several implants within the mouth to offer stability and strength to cosmetic dentures. Patients are amazed at the differences they experience once they receive implant-supported dentures, and find that they are much more satisfied with their denture experience after this procedure has been completed.
At Metropolitan Dental Center, we have our own periodontist on staff to complete dental implant procedures in-house. Our periodontist, Dr. Steele, is a dedicated professional with extensive training and certification in a variety of aspects of periodontal care.
If you are interested in discussing the benefits of periodontal care with quality staff, we encourage you to book an appointment at Metropolitan Dental Center in Waterford, Michigan. Contact Drs. Ingber and Steele today at (248) 365-7737 and schedule a visit at 4664 West Walton Boulevard.
Dental Implant is the latest technology in order to replace a missing tooth.
If a tooth is missing, old method of doing was to remove or crown the teeth to expand the missing tooth.
A dental implant is made of titanium metal. It is placed into the jaw bone where the missing tooth is and it will act just like a natural tooth.
The procedure itself is a relatively painless procedure. Patients are amazed and much more satisfied with their dental experience after this procedure has been completed.
Working with our skilled implant dentist at Metropolitan Dental Centers, your smile can be the best it can be. Contact our office today to discover the best dental implant treatment for missing teeth.
About our Doctors
- Waterford Twp, MI dentists explain the procedure for getting dental implants
- Waterford Twp, MI Dental Center: Where Convenience, Specialized Implants Treatment Meet
- How to restore a full mouth with dental implants in Michigan
- Cosmetic dentist in Waterford Twp, MI offers dental implants
- Respected periodontist provides Lapeer, MI residents affordable dental implants
- Covering the cost of dental implants with insurance and out-of-pocket payment plans in Waterford practice
- Auburn Hills area dentist restores missing teeth with implants
- What is the process of getting a tooth implant near Rochester?
- In our Waterford practice, many types of people benefit from dental implants
- Replacing a tooth or teeth with implant dentistry from your dentist near Clarkston, MI gets you back to your best smile